Sunday, March 13, 2011

Take a Bite Outta This

I am zombie film snob. No question about it. Though I will rent just about anything that has zombies in it, most of it is pretty bad. Even zombie god director George Romero has been releasing some stinkers lately.

Enter The Walking Dead on AMC. You can tell a lot by a trailer and I immediately sensed that this was going to be a worthy addition to the undead legacy. To me, zombies represent a truly horrifying dystopian nightmare where the real threat are your friends and neighbors, now turned into ravenous cannibals, whose mere bite (or scratch) turns you into the undead. Well, some people are pretty close to that now, come to think of it.

I'm going to bundle this purchase with Being There (Deluxe Edition)- a film starring the incredible Peter Sellars. Reviews have said this has nothing about the special features that is "deluxe," but for me, it's a masterpiece of comedy.

I don't want to wait for my birthday either, dammit.

No comments: