Monday, November 13, 2006

Christopher Guest making another film




I had heard that Christopher Guest was up to something. A friend of mine sent me this link to the NY Times.

"Er....do I call you Nigel or Corky...or???"
Perhaps another reason dislike James Taylor? A small nugget from the above:
"It is that whimsy, tempered only by the insistence of human nature to exert itself, that characterizes Guest’s films, which are a departure from his baser beginnings in comedy. In a skit in “National Lampoon’s Lemmings,” he appeared as James Taylor and sang: “Farewell New York City/With your streets that flash like strobes/Farewell Carolina/Where I left my frontal lobes.”
He winced at the mention. “James Taylor came to the show with Carly Simon, and she was laughing and he wasn’t,” he said."
It goes on to say that Guest was a fan of Taylor. For me, if you can't laugh at yourself, then you become a joke.

2 comments:

The Film Geek said...

I saw the trailer for Guest's new movie over the weekend. I'm one of those that really dig them, with Best In Show being my favorite.

eclectic guy said...

ROCK ON!