Monday, December 18, 2006

For those who need their quotient of quotes


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/quotes

Derek Smalls: We're lucky.
David St. Hubbins: Yeah.
Derek: I mean, people should be envying us, you know.
David: I envy us.
Derek: Yeah.
David: I do.
Derek: Me too.
TRUE QUOTE:"The first time Steven [Tyler] saw it he didn't see any humor in it. That's how close to home it was. He was pissed! He was like, That's not funny!" —Brad Whitford, Aerosmith (Spin, May 1997)
When I was interviewing an artist recently, I thought I'd be clever (There's a fine line....) and ask about Spinal Tap. I asked if whenever he was on stage, did he ever think about Spinal Tap, Nigel, et al? "No." was the clanging-like-a-lead-pipe-off-concrete answer. A real dud, that one.
A week or so later, in his online blog, he writes about the guitarist in his band leaving in a somewhat dramatic way. And in the middle of this post comes the golden words:
"this is spinal tap"
I envy me.
Yeah, I do.

No comments: