Friday, September 21, 2007

Burned to a Crisp


People,
People who need people
Are the luckiest people in the world


No, no, no. That's all wrong.


If there was one theme this week, one underlying, aggravating, hair-pulling, headache creating theme, it was people. People who wear me out. People who talk too much, gossip, twist my arm, try to overpower, watch every little move, and people who act like they don't have a brain in their heads. Who is a friend? Who's been pretending? Who really is? My head feels like it's stuffed full of cotton and my body feels like a sack of hammers.

It is the end of the work week and I feel like crawling into a warm bath and sleeping there.

Coming home, it felt like a release from prison. I was glad to get back to a safe place, a place of trust-a soft place to land. Amen. Alleluia.
Still, there are lights-good people who are not enemies, wolves in sheep's clothing or dullards with confusing agendas. It gives small hope.
Let the weekend begin...
with sleep.


1 comment:

primalscreamx said...

Get some rest, dude. I know how you feel. I get to that part of the trip every now and again. Just unplug. Get a good meal, get a beer and zone out. My preference is to dig into an old Floyd album. Take two and call nobody in the morning.